Autodesk AutoCAD OEM
The AutoCAD® OEM CAD development platform provides tools to build custom AutoCAD® software-based products for specific markets and to extend design information to users outside the traditional CAD community. Easily create industry-specific products that offer only the features, commands, menus, and design data your customers require. AutoCAD OEM is licensed to independent software developers, corporate developers, and system integrators who need to build products that can read and create DWG™ files that are fully compatible with AutoCAD DWG.
Customize AutoCAD® with the OEM CAD development platform. This platform supports the following programming environments.
- C++ in AutoCAD OEM
- The ObjectARX® programming environment provides an object-oriented, C++ API for developers to use, customize, and extend the AutoCAD OEM development platform. ObjectARX provides the greatest level of performance, functionality, and integration through direct access to AutoCAD OEM software's internal objects, database structures, graphics system, command registration, and processing.
- Visual LISP in AutoCAD OEM
- For development and debugging, the Visual LISP® environment incorporates a LISP integrated development environment (IDE) into AutoCAD OEM.
- Microsoft .NET Framework Programming Support
- Customize AutoCAD with OEM technology, which now provides managed wrapper classes that enable you to use the Microsoft® .NET Framework and to write programs in other languages, such as Visual Basic® .NET and C#.
- The ObjectARX managed wrapper classes now include sophisticated selection, jig, and prompt support, complete events coverage previously only available to C++ reactors, and an application object model to give you convenient and readily discoverable access to the properties of the application, document, editor, and window objects of AutoCAD. .NET applications can easily create dockable palettes and tool palettes and can extend tabbed dialogs. The geometry library now includes 2D curves, and support for external references has been added.
- Microsoft Visual Basic in AutoCAD OEM
- AutoCAD OEM now supports VBA 7.1 for both 32 and 64 bit versions. However, the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) engine is no longer provided with your AutoCAD OEM installation media. Please contact your Autodesk ISV partner representative for more information.
System Requirements: AutoCAD OEM 2020
|System Requirements for AutoCAD OEM 2020|
|Processor||Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor Recommended: 3+ GHz processor|
|Memory||Basic: 8GB Recommended: 16GB|
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays:
1920 x 1080 with True Color
High Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10, 64 bit systems (with capable display card)
|Display Card||Basic: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant|
|Disk Space||6.0 GB|
|IDE||Microsoft® Visual Studio 2017 with Update 2|
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework Version 4.7|
The ObjectARX® programming environment provides object-oriented C++, C#, and VB .NET application programming interfaces for developers to use, customize, and extend AutoCAD® software and AutoCAD-based products, such as AutoCAD® Architecture, AutoCAD® Mechanical, and AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software.
A separate version of ObjectARX for AutoCAD® OEM is included with the toolkit. Customizations that are made for an OEM based application must be built against the OEM specific SDK.
The IFC Reader works with either your AutoCAD OEM application or your AutoCAD plug-in. It is a fast and trouble free way to make your application BIM ready. On opening an IFC file it only loads the file tree and structure so initial loading is very fast. Parts can then be selected from the file tree and created as AutoCAD entities on demand. IFC properties are maintained and added to the native AutoCAD entities. The IFC reader can be tightly integrated into your AutoCAD OEM application so that it looks like a natively supported file.
- IFC2X3 and IFC4 support
- Full accreditation from buildingSMART (IFC 2X3)
- Full context sensitive help files